Founded in 1989, the MusculoSkeletal Infection Society is a multidisciplinary educational and scientific forum for the advancement of knowledge in the field of musculoskeletal infection, for the education of the patient, the clinician and the researcher, and for the promotion of professional standards to guide patient care.
To advance knowledge in the field of study of musculoskeletal infection and its treatment by:
- Education of the clinician and research members
- Education of the medical community and the general public
- Promotion and maintenance of professional standards in order to provide the best professional care to patients with musculoskeletal infection
- Membership yearly dues, $265.00
- Members must attend the annual meeting at least once every four years to maintain membership
- Join MSIS
- See Bylaws for full membership information
The MusculoSkeletal Infection Society holds an annual open scientific meeting each summer. The meeting format is 1½ days, Friday and Saturday, in early August. Content includes Interactive Symposia by recognized experts on current topics related to clinical practice, research and education in the field of Musculoskeletal Infection. Current research papers are presented.
The Executive Board of MSIS consists of President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, Member-at-Large, Past-President and Second Past-President. Executives serve one year terms starting at the Annual Scientific Meeting in August, except the Sercretary-Treasurer, who serves a multi-year term. Succession on the Executive Board provides continuity to the society.